PROTECTOR is a signed and stamped limited edition of giclée prints by Jun Cha. This print is produced on museum etching paper and includes a custom gold embossment of the sword of Archangel Michael. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to supply personal protective equipment to protect the most vulnerable frontline shelters, first responders, law enforcement, and healthcare providers combating COVID-19 in Skid Row, Downtown Los Angeles. The edition is limited by the number of prints sold and never reprinted.
As the Roman Empire collapsed, the plague of Justinian was one of the deadliest pandemics in history that killed tens of millions of people. In the center of Rome stood the ancient tomb and military fortress Castel Sant’Angelo, named after the legend of Archangel Michael appearing above the castle and ending the plague. In scriptures, the PROTECTOR is described as a healer of sickness, guardian of warriors, and the light in the darkness. In times of adversity, he manifests fortitude and courage to those willing to sacrifice themselves for others. Inspired by health care workers fighting COVID-19 around the world, PROTECTOR unleashes Archangel Michael to slay Satan in the war to save humanity.
- Image size: 28" tall × 21" wide
- Paper size: 35" tall × 28" wide
- Printed on archival 350 gsm 100% cotton Museum Etching paper with archival pigment-based
- Custom sculpted gold embossed sword
- Global stamp and signed by Jun Cha
- Print production is finalized after-sales and will ship rolled
- Release date: April 22nd, 2020